Friday, February 08, 2013

Yes, EVER!

I speak in hyperbole.  It is the best day ever!  That was the grossest thing I've ever seen!  I have never been happier!  This is the greatest!  This is the worst!  He is the smartest man.  That was the stupidest thing you have ever done!  Worst day ever!!
There is no middle ground with me.  But having a literalist for a husband keeps me in check.  "Julia, this is not the 'best' restaurant ever.  It is good, but you've had better.  You just told me the other day that (trademarked name here) was the best.  They can't both be the best."
So when something comes along that is even better or more amazing than the most amazing thing or worser than the worstest thing, I have to truly get crazy with my verbalizing shenanigans.  And we all know that is the most difficult thing EVER!

No comments: