Thursday, June 08, 2006

Skin

I think my skin is confused with my new schedule. Since I'm awake mostly when it's dark out, and winter is usually dark, my skin believes it is winter. And thus, my eczema is slowly turning me into the lizard lady. Seriously, I could be part of the freak show at the circus. I am a scaly beast. Normally, summer humidity soothes the skin, it's the dry winter that cracks the already dry parts and I start flaking my own snow everywhere. Now, both of my inner elbow creases, my temples, my right cheek (facial), the back of my neck, my left eyelid...all have scales. I was reading a book about these people who associated with dragons and because of that contact started growing scales themselves. That's how I feel. Except these aren't "bejeweled scales that glisten in the sun", these are white and flaky patches that shed in the sun. Time to crank out the thick as butter hand cream and slather it on. I will not let it get the best of me! Did I mention my hands are scaly and nasty too? There is no hope...

1 comment:

Jane said...

{You need to delete the upper two comments, Julia........they are spam.}
Otherwise, ewwwwwwwww!
Very descriptive writing tho'.
So sorry that the sun of Door County couldn't soothe your dragon scales.
~love, mom